位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著 > 白朗宁夫人十四行诗 >

第十三首

发布时间:2022-05-09 13:49:25

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

*13.EEB

第十三首

EBB _Sonnets from the Portuguese_, No. XIII

你可是要我把对你涌起的恩情,

And wilt thou have me fashion into speech

形之于言词,而且还觉得十分充裕;

The love I bear thee, finding words enough,

不管有多猛的风,高举起火炬,

And hold the torch out, while the winds are rough

让光辉,从两张脸儿间,把我俩照明?

Between our faces, to cast light on each? --

我却把它掉在你脚边,没法命令

I drop it thy feet. I cannot teach

我的手托着我的心灵,那么远距

My hands to hold my spirit so far off

自己;难道我就能借文字作契据,

From myself ... me ... that I should bring thee proof

掏给你看、那无从抵达的

In words, of love hid in me out of reach.

在我的心坎?不,我宁愿表达

Nay, let the silence of my womanhood

凭她的贞静,而换来

command my woman-love to thy belief, --

你的谅解--看见我终不曾软化,

Seeing that I stand unwon, however wooed,

任你怎样地央求,我只是咬紧着嘴,

And rend the garment of my life, in brief,

狠心撕裂着生命的衣裙;生怕

By a most dauntless, voiceless fortitude,

这颗心一经接触,就泄露了悲哀。

Lest one touch of this heart convey its grief.

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】
分享到:

推荐阅读

·荷马史诗·外国名诗·外国情诗精选·伊索寓言·侦探推理短篇小说·外国短篇小说·莎士比亚·高尔基作品集·儒勒·凡尔纳·狄更斯