位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 海底两万里英文版 >

6 开足马力(4)

发布时间:2021-07-01 10:21:27

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

Then it reappeared on the other side of the ship, either by circling around us or bygliding under our hull. 不久它又在战舰的另一边出现了,可能是绕过来的,也可能是从船底下潜水过来的。

At any instant a collision could have occurred that would have been fatal to us.

时时刻刻,都有可能给我们致命的打击。

Meanwhile I was astonished at the frigate's maneuvers. It was fleeing, not fighting.

可是我们的战舰的行动使我莫名其妙。它在逃,并不去攻击。

Built to pursue, it was being pursued, and I commented on this to Commander Farragut.

它本应该追逐怪物的,现在反而被追逐了,我于是向法拉古舰长提出意见。

His face, ordinarily so emotionless, was stamped with indescribable astonishment.

法拉古舰长的面孔,通常是很冷静的,现在却显得万分慌张。

Professor Aronnax, he answered me, I don't know what kind of fearsome creature I'm up against, and I don't want my frigate running foolish risks in all this darkness.

阿龙纳斯先生,他回答我,我没清楚我所要对付的这怪物到底厉害到什么程度,我不愿意在这么一片黑暗中,随便让战舰去冒险。

Besides, how should we attack this unknown creature, how should we defend ourselves against it?

再说,怎样来攻击这个神秘东西呢,又怎样来防御这东西呢?

Let's wait for daylight, and then we'll play a different role.

我们等到天亮,情况便不同了。

You've no further doubts, commander, as to the nature of this animal?

舰长,您现在对于这个动物的质没有什么疑惑了吗?

No, sir, it's apparently a gigantic narwhale, and an electric one to boot.

没有疑惑了,先生,明明白白,这是一条巨大的独角鲸,同时又是一条带电的独角鲸。

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】
分享到:

推荐阅读

·纯真年代·乡村三日·王尔德的诗英文版·格列佛游记英文版·小妇人英文版·少年派的奇幻漂流英文·365个英语小故事·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文·穷爸爸富爸爸·羊皮卷英文版