位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 海底两万里英文版 >

10 水中人(11)

发布时间:2021-06-30 17:58:40

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

Do you think I'll send you back to a world that must know nothing more of me? Never!

您以为我会把你们送回那再不应该看见我的陆地上去吗?那永不能!

By keeping you on board, it isn't you whom I care for, it's me!

现在我所以要把你们留在这儿,并不是为了你们,实在是为我自己!

These words indicated that the commander pursued a policy impervious to arguments.

从这些话可以看出,船长是非常固执的,任何理由都改变不了他的成见。

Then, sir, I went on, you give us, quite simply, a choice between life and death?

先生,我又说,这样看来,您只是让我们在生死之间抉择罢了。

Quite simply.

正是这样。

My friends, I said, to a question couched in these terms, our answer can be taken for granted. But no solemn promises bind us to the commander of this vessel.

对于这样提出的问题,我的朋友们就没有什么话可说了。我说,但我要声明,我们现在对于这只船上的主人并不受任何诺言的约束。

None, sir, the stranger replied.

先生,您并不受任何诺言的约束。这个神秘的人回答。

Then, in a gentler voice, he went on:

随后,他用比较温和的口气说:

Now, allow me to finish what I have to tell you. I've heard of you, Professor Aronnax.

现在,请允许我说完我要跟您说的话。阿龙纳斯先生,我了解您。

You, if not your companions, won't perhaps complain too much about the stroke of fate that has brought us together.

其实, 您也许不至于和您的同伴一样,会抱怨这个偶然把你们跟我的命运连结在一起的机会吧!

Among the books that make up my favorite reading, you'll find the work you've published on the great ocean depths. I've pored over it.

在我喜欢研究的书籍中,您可以找到您发表的那本关于海底秘密的著作。我时常阅读这本书。

You've taken your studies as far as terrestrial science can go.

地上的学问可以使您达到的,在您的著作中已经达到了。

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】
分享到:

推荐阅读

·纯真年代·乡村三日·王尔德的诗英文版·格列佛游记英文版·小妇人英文版·少年派的奇幻漂流英文·365个英语小故事·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文·穷爸爸富爸爸·羊皮卷英文版