位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 海底两万里英文版 >

21 在陆地上的两天(22)

发布时间:2021-06-30 07:52:21

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

Even so, captain, I said, there is one major similarity between Dumont d'Urville's sloops of war and the Nautilus.

不过,船长,我说,杜蒙·居维尔的旧式海船跟诺第留斯号有一点相似的地方。

What's that, sir?

先生,哪一点呢?

Like them, the Nautilus has run aground!

就是诺第留斯号跟它们一样搁浅了!

The Nautilus is not aground, sir, Captain Nemo replied icily. The Nautilus was built to rest on the ocean floor, and I don't need to undertake the arduous labors, the maneuvers d'Urville had to attempt in order to float off his sloops of war. The Zealous and the new Astrolabe wellnigh perished, but my Nautilus is in no danger. Tomorrow, on the day stated and at the hour stated, the tide will peacefully lift it off, and it will resume its navigating through the seas.

诺第留斯号并没有搁浅,先生,尼摩船长冷淡地回答我,诺第留斯号是歇在侮床上的,居维尔要他的船脱离开礁石,重回海上所必须做的艰苦工程,困难动作,我根本不用做。浑天仪号和热心女号几乎沉没了,但我的诺第留斯号一点也没有危险。明天,在我指定的日子,指定的、时刻,潮水把它平安地浮起来,它又穿洋过海地在水中航行了。

Captain, I said, I don't doubt-

船长,我说 我并不怀疑…

Tomorrow, Captain Nemo added, standing up, tomorrow at 2:40 in the afternoon, the Nautilus will float off and exit the Torres Strait undamaged.

明天,尼摩船长又说,同时他站起来,明天,下午两点四十分,诺第留斯号将浮在海上,毫无损伤地离开托列斯海峡。

Pronouncing these words in an extremely sharp tone, Captain Nemo gave me a curt bow. This was my dismissal, and I reentered my stateroom.

用干脆的语气说完了这些话后,尼摩船长轻轻地点点头。这是让我走开的表示,我就回我房中来。

There I found Conseil, who wanted to know the upshot of my interview with the captain.

我见康塞尔在房中,他想知道我跟船长会谈的结果。

My boy, I replied, when I expressed the belief that these Papuan natives were a threat to his Nautilus, the captain answered me with great irony. So I've just one thing to say to you: have faith in him and sleep in peace.

老实人,我回答,当我觉得他的诺第留斯号是要受巴布亚上人的严重威胁的时候,船长带着十足嘲讽的神气回答了我。所以我只跟你说一点,就是:相信他,安心睡觉。

Master has no need for my services?

先生没有事需要我做吗?

No, my friend. What's Ned Land up to?

没有,老实人。尼德·兰干什么去了?

Begging master's indulgence, Conseil replied, but our friend Ned is concocting a kangaroo pie that will be the eighth wonder!

请先生原谅我,康塞尔回答,尼德好朋友正在做袋:鼠肉饼,这将成为美味的珍品呢!

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】
分享到:

推荐阅读

·纯真年代·乡村三日·王尔德的诗英文版·格列佛游记英文版·小妇人英文版·少年派的奇幻漂流英文·365个英语小故事·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文·穷爸爸富爸爸·羊皮卷英文版