位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 海底两万里英文版 >

26 大头鲸和长须鲸(16)

发布时间:2021-06-29 09:49:29

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

Yes, sir, it will go to the pole。

对,先生,它要到南极去。

To the pole! I exclaimed, unable to keep back a movement of disbelief.

到南极去!我喊道,同时禁不住表示我的不信和怀疑。

Yes, the captain replied coolly, the Antarctic pole, that unknown spot crossed by every meridian on the globe.

是的!船长冷冷地回答到南极去、到地球上所有的子午线相交的,

As you know, I do whatever I like with my Nautilus.

以前没有人到过的那一点去您知道我可以使诺第留斯号做我想要做的事。

It then dawned on me to ask Captain Nemo if he had already discovered this pole, which no human being had ever trod underfoot.

那时我忽然想问一问尼摩船长,我问他是不是已经发现过了那从没有人类足迹踩过的南极。

No, sir, he answered me, but we'll discover it together. Where others have failed, I'll succeed.

没有,先生,他回答我,我们现在一齐发现去。别人失败的地方、我决不至失败。

Never before has my Nautilus cruised so far into these southernmost seas, but I repeat: it will go farther still.

我从没有把诺第留斯号开到这么远的南极海上来,但我再跟您说,它还要往前进。

I'd like to believe you, captain, I went on in a tone of some sarcasm.

我愿意相信您,船长,我带着讥讽语气又说。

Oh I do believe you!

我相信您!

Let's forge ahead! There are no obstacles for us! Let's shatter this Ice Bank!

我们前进!对我们来说是没有什么障碍的!冲开这座冰山!

Let's blow it up, and if it still resists, let's put wings on the Nautilus and fly over it!

我们把它炸破,如果它反抗,我们就给诺第留斯号安上翅膀,从上面飞过去!

Over it, professor? Captain Nemo replied serenely.

教授,从上面过去吗?尼摩船长安静地回答;

No, not over it, but under it.

不是从上面过去,是从下面过去。

Under it! I exclaimed.

从下面过去!我喊道。 

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】
分享到:

推荐阅读

·纯真年代·乡村三日·王尔德的诗英文版·格列佛游记英文版·小妇人英文版·少年派的奇幻漂流英文·365个英语小故事·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文·穷爸爸富爸爸·羊皮卷英文版