位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 海底两万里英文版 >

28 惊奇还是意外(8)

发布时间:2021-06-29 09:25:22

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

Oh damnation, yes! Ned Land shot back. It's superb!

暖!是的!真美!”尼德·兰回答说,“真华美!真壮丽!

I'm furious that I have to admit it. Nobody has ever seen the like.

我很恨自己,我不能不这样说了。人们从没有看过这样的景象。

But this sight could cost us dearly.

不过这景象可能要我们付出很大的代价。

And in all honesty, I think we're looking at things God never intended for human eyes.

如果我要尽情说出来,那我想,我们眼前看见的事物是上帝不许人的眼睛看见的!”

Ned was right. It was too beautiful. All at once a yell from Conseil made me turn around.

尼德。兰说得对。真是太美了。忽然,康塞尔的喊声使我回过身子来。

What is it? I asked.

我问:“什么事?”

Master must close his eyes! Master mustn't look!

“先生闭眼睛吧!先生不要看吧!”

With that, Conseil clapped his hands over his eyes.

康塞尔说这活的时候,急急把手遮住眼皮。

But what's wrong, my boy?

“老实人,你怎么啦?”

I've been dazzled, struck blind!

“我眼花了,我看不见了!”

Involuntarily my eyes flew to the window, but I couldn't stand the fire devouring it.

我的眼光不期然而然地向玻璃边看去,但我吃不住那侵蚀玻璃的火光。

I realized what had happened. The Nautilus had just started off at great speed.

我明白事情经过的原因了。诺第留斯号正在快速度地开行;

All the tranquil glimmers of the ice walls had then changed into blazing streaks.

所有冰墙上的静穆的光辉于是变为雷电闪闪的光芒。

The sparkles from these myriads of diamonds were merging with each other.

这无数亿万钻石的晶光混和起来了。

Swept along by its propeller, the Nautilus was traveling through a sheath of flashing light.

诺第留斯号受它的帆轮推动,是在电光熔炉中行驶了。

Then the panels in the lounge closed. We kept our hands over our eyes, which were utterly saturated with those concentric gleams that swirl before the retina when sunlight strikes it too intensely.

那时客厅的嵌板又闭起来。当我们的眼睛受到光过度猛烈的照射,眼膜上就浮游着强力集中的光线,我们现在的情形正是这样,我们把两手按在眼睛上。

It took some time to calm our troubled vision.

要过些时候才能把我们眼中的纷乱安静下来。

Finally we lowered our hands.

后来,我们的手放下来了。

Ye gods, I never would have believed it, Conseil said.

“天哪,我从没有想到呢!”康塞尔说。

And I still don't believe it! the Canadian shot back.

“我也还不能想到呢!”加拿大人回答。

When we return to shore, jaded from all these natural wonders, Conseil added, think how we'll look down on those pitiful land masses, those puny works of man!

“当我们回到地上的时候,”康塞尔又说,看惯了这许多自然界的神奇,对于陆地上那些贫乏可怜的人手造的简陋小东西,我们将怎么想呢!

No, the civilized world won't be good enough for us!

不!人居住的世界对于我们来说,真是不配了,不值得我们注意了!” 

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】
分享到:

推荐阅读

·纯真年代·乡村三日·王尔德的诗英文版·格列佛游记英文版·小妇人英文版·少年派的奇幻漂流英文·365个英语小故事·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文·穷爸爸富爸爸·羊皮卷英文版